I always love to share a good find, especially when it has to do with saving cash! Today
This is a guest post written by Jason Holmes.
You might have seen all of your friends and relatives budgeting and using the benefit of getting freebies. But, budgeting can seem to be a boring thing if cannot be done correctly. So, try out some new ways to design a budget for yourself and your family. In addition to this, get more organized about using the freebies for managing your home and supporting your needs. Furthermore, you also need to realize that it is important or you to change the manner in which you have been using your money. Simply working on debt reduction is not the only way of managing your finances well.
Budget, Freebies, and Debt Reduction
In order to make budgeting more interesting and in order to pay down your debts, you can:
- Put everything in writing
Alison Sweeney, host of The Biggest Loser, Hollywood Girls Night, and Yoplait Light spokesperson, has some great healthy eating and living tips for us! She offers some of her top tips for keeping up with a healthy lifestyle while balancing a busy schedule.
- Make exercise a regular part of your schedule and try something new all the time.
- Eat at home as often as you can. Home-cooked meals are good for the soul, and the body!
- Take time every day for yourself. Even if it’s just a couple pages of a novel before you go to bed.
- Find happiness in small parts of your day — even at snack time. You can enjoy eating what you love, by just making a healthier choice. I like a Red Velvet Cake Yoplait Light because it tastes great and saves me a bunch of calories vs. a real slice.
- Get plenty of rest! (this is something I am terrible at) getting a good night sleep always helps you stay healthy and feel better the next
- Enjoy the journey! We all set such high goals and standards for ourselves, sometimes we forget that it’s the process of getting there that supposed to be fun. if we wait until the end to celebrate we’re missing out!
I hope you find these useful!
Disclosure: Cone, on behalf of Yoplait, asked me to post about this promotion. I received no compensation for this post. Any expressed opinion is completely my own. View my official disclosure policy.
If you’re a bargain shopper who frequently uses discount codes for your purchases, consider yourself a statistic! If you’re not using promo codes (like you should be!), then maybe the infographic below will prove to you why you should be using discount codes and coupons.
Infographic brought to you by this amazing sponsor.
Do you know how long food lasts?
Over the past few years, the importance of the internet in our everyday lives has grown at an astonishing speed. Just think back to the 90
Have you ever wondered how to make your own laundry soap? Well thanks The Centsible Family Facebook reader, Rachel, here is a recipe she shared with fans! Let us know if you try the recipe or have one of your own!
Homemade Laundry Detergent
- 1 bar of Fels-Naptha Soap
- 4 cups of hot water
- 1/2 cup of Borax
- 1 cup of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (It has to be the Super Washing Soda, baking soda or just Arm & Hammer will NOT work!)
- 5 Gallon Bucket
- Empty laundry containers or any kind of pour container
- Grate your bar of soap into a sauce pan with the 4 cups of hot water.
- Stir continually on low-medium heat until all the little flakes of soap melt.
- Fill your 5 Gallon bucket halfway full of hot water and pour in the borax, the arm & hammer, and the melted soap mixture and stir until all the ingredients are completely melted. Then fill the remainder of the bucket full with hot water.
- Stir the mixture once more, just to ensure everything is mixed well. Then you need to cover the bucket (if you have the lid to the bucket, let it have a little bit of breathing room, because it will expand since it’s full of hot water) and let it sit overnight to gel, it will gel HARD. Then take your dispenser (old tide container for me) and fill half with your laundry soap (I have to use a funnel) and half full of water and shake well each time you use. Will be very liquid-y but works great!
This recipe makes 10 gallons of laundry detergent so if you want to make less simply reduce the ingredients by half, etc.
Interested in other natural, homemade cleaning products? Then check out The Pantry Cleaner: Chemical Free Cleaning, Homemade: How-to Make Hundreds of Everyday Products Fast, Fresh, and More Naturally or The Naturally Clean Home: 150 Super-Easy Herbal Formulas for Green Cleaning available on Amazon.
Imagine how different your life would be if you truly did not worry about what anyone else thought of you. Taking any comment or action personally puts you in a position of reactionary judgment
Wedding season is almost here! If you have a wedding coming up or if you know someone who does, then you’ll appreciate this great deal on Save the Date cards.
The dates are set, the plans are being made, and it
This post was written by a friend of mine. After something recently happened at home, she sent this to me. I love this, and I hope you do too.
Being a parent is a role that requires a large majority of our attention and time. Whether you have one child or fourteen children, you are more than likely aware that personal time is at a minimal. As a mother your attention is always on demand. There are meals to be made, clothes to be washed, and rooms to be cleaned. Not to mention other responsibilities like entertaining hungry little minds.
So where does your time fit into this equation? Regardless of time restraints, it is imperative for a mother