- How to Blog
- Dear Diary
- About Me
It’s time to start up this fun winter series again! This week’s slow cooker recipe is Beef Roast with Veggies from Dana at The Coupon Challenge and is a staple recipe in many homes. Since Dana’s husband and children love beef pot roast, this is a family favorite!
- 3-4lb Beef Roast
- 1/2 cup water (you could also use about 1/2 can or so beef stock)
- 3-6 potatoes depending on size, chopped in large pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (size depending on preference)
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 container fresh mushrooms, halved
- 5-6 cloves of whole garlic, peeled
- Handful of frozen pepper slices (if desired and have on hand)
- Salt and Pepper
- Thyme (if desired)
- Place thawed roast in skillet and generously salt and pepper. Brown on all sizes.
- Wash and chop all vegetables.*
- Place potatoes in bottom of crockpot then place roast on top of the potatoes.
- Cut slits in the roast and insert whole garlic cloves.
- Add remaining vegetables to crockpot around roast and sprinkle a little thyme if desired.
- Pour water (or stock) over roast and cover.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4 hours.
*If you cut potatoes or carrots too small, they will turn to mush.
Don’t lift the lid of the crockpot during cooking or you will add about 30 minutes to your cooking time!
Want more recipes? Check out 1,001 Best Slow-Cooker Recipes: The Only Slow-Cooker Cookbook You’ll Ever Need for more recipes.
In need of a slow cooker? Amazon offers great deals on slow cookers including Crock-Pot SCCPRP500-LTD 5-Quart Round Programmable Slow Cooker and Crock-Pot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker.
Don’t forget to check out all of the other slow cooker recipes I’ve posted!
Tagged with: recipe
Hi there! I'm Jenny, a coffee-addicted, busy-body, work at home mom of two insane boys. I love football, cooking, Deadliest Catch, video games, Wordpress, and CSS (I'm kindof a geek). Feel free to say hi! We can be nerdy together.