- How to Blog
- Dear Diary
- About Me
Crafts for kids are always fun, entertaining, and educational. Since you may be home with your kids tomorrow for Veterans Day, how about a simple patriotic craft to get your day started off right. Thanks goes to Coupons are Great for this craft!
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the fun crafts for kids I’ve posted. And if you love this, please PinIt or Stumble.
Patriotic Eagle Craft
- Construction Paper (brown, white, yellow)
- Something to draw circles (like a cup from the kitchen)
1. Trace both of your child’s hands onto brown paper. Create tail feathers for the eagle by tracing your ring, middle, and index finger together. Trace a circle onto the brown paper as well. Cut out these pieces.
2. Create a head for the eagle. We drew a circle then drew three triangles at the bottom. We drew spikey hair at the top. Cut out the head.
3. Cut two small ovals from yellow paper which will serve as the birds feet. Cut a pointy beak out of yellow paper.
4. Glue the hand prints to the paper. It is OK if they overlap. Glue the tailfeathers onto the handprints. Glue the brown circle onto the overlapped handprint/tail feather piece.
5. Glue the head, beak, and feet onto the eagle. Allow to dry.
6. Draw eyes onto the eagle. Outline the eagle with a brown or black marker. Add marks to the feet to show separate talons/toes.
Fun Facts about Bald Eagles
- They subsist mainly of fish which it grabs with its talons.
- It builds the largest nest of any bird in North America. The nest can be 13 feet deep and 8.2 feet wide and up to 2 ton in weight.
- Bald Eagles are not bald, but instead have a white head.
- Female eagles are larger than male eagles
- The Bald Eagle is no longer on the list of endangered species!
- My Little Book of Bald Eagles book
- The Bald Eagle (American Symbols) book
- Majestic Eagles: Compelling Facts and Images of the Bald Eagle book
- I Spy Eagle Eye – Game for the family
Hi there! I'm Jenny, a coffee-addicted, busy-body, work at home mom of two insane boys. I love football, cooking, Deadliest Catch, video games, Wordpress, and CSS (I'm kindof a geek). Feel free to say hi! We can be nerdy together.