Kellogg’s and Scholastic want to help families make the best of this school year with free books and balanced breakfasts. Kellogg’s understands the positive impact reading at home can have on students’ success in the classroom and they’ve partnered with Walmart and Scholastic for a wonderful promotion.
Get Free Scholastic Books!
When you purchase specially marked Kellogg’s products at Walmart, you can redeem a coupon for a free Scholastic book of your child’s choice! And since 9 out of 10 kids are more likely to finish a book they choose, letting your little one pick a book can help build daily reading habits. Learn more about this promotion at kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/scholastic. (Also, don’t forget to check out the free Kelloggs Family Rewards points I’ve posted!)
Tips for Engaging Children in Reading At Home
Parents can help prepare their kids for success in the classroom by following a few tips on how to encourage reading outside of school.
- Make reading a social event: Family book clubs can be a great way to turn reading into a social activity while incorporating family and friends.
- Let your kids have a say: Let kids choose which books they want to read. Nine out of 10 children say they are more likely to finish books they choose themselves, according to Scholastic’s 2010 Kids and Family Reading Report.
- Start the day right: Breakfast can help kids boost their academic performance by increasing their focus. Before heading out the door for school, have a complete breakfast. Cereal, fruit and milk is a convenient option that kids love.
- Turn reading into a fun family experience: Add fun to reading by having an animated, read-out-loud session during an after-school break with snacks such as Nutri-Grain Cereal Bars or curling up with a great story before bedtime.
- Get A Great Start: Kellogg’s and Scholastic are teaming up to help families get a great start to the school year by providing a coupon for free Scholastic books valued up to $5 with the purchase of two specially marked Kellogg’s products at Walmart.
Scholastic also invites you to access free reading resources at scholastic.com/readeveryday as part of Scholastic’s Read Every Day global literacy campaign.
Enter to Win!
One lucky Freebie Spot reader will win an awesome Kellogg’s and Scholastic prize pack featuring Kellogg’s foods and Scholastic books. How fun! Just use the Giveaway Tools entry form below to enter to win. Good luck!
Disclaimer: Kellogg Company® has provided me with a Kellogg’s-Scholastic Kit to conduct a reader giveaway. However, my opinions about the product are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive sentiments toward Kellogg Company or its products. View the official giveaway rules. View my official disclosure policy.