- How to Blog
- Dear Diary
- About Me
Using Google Analytics to track my blog traffic, below you will find my top 20 traffic sources for August 2012. Use this information however you wish, but hopefully it will give you an idea of how people find my blog, and potentially, your blog too! And if you’re a blogger who reaches the top 30, you get a free link back as a thank you.
August 2012 Report (displayed as source and # of visits)
1. google 11,720 - this is just plain ole google search
2. (direct) 3,378 - people who type my URL in their browser
3. facebook.com 1,940 - links from my FB page and from fan posts
4. google.com 1,930 - another google search? possibly google image search
5. feedburner (email) 1,457 - email subscriber visits
6. rafflecopter 1,264 - links to my site from giveaway entry forms on other sites
7. m.facebook.com 470 - people who visit my blog from Facebook mobile apps
8. yahoo 389 - another search engine
9. t.co 386 - twitter
10. stumbleupon.com 384 - stumbles on my posts
11. bing 380 - and another search engine
12. dealseekingmom.com 313 - hits from her giveaway gathering posts
13. feedburner (feed) 272 - rss subscriber visits
14. afrugalchick.com 261 - one of my fellow Mavens of Money
15. sampleaday.com 170 - we link to each other! plus they’re crazy funny
16. pinterest.com 154 - hits from pins on pinterest
17. freesampleshub.com 151 - we link to each other! another great freebie site
18. ask 115 - another search engine
19. mail.yahoo.net 106 - apparently a lot of my readers use yahoo mail
20. fb.wildfireapp.com 100 - hits from a promotion I ran on facebook
I’d like to give a bonus shout-out to the following blogs. They didn’t make the top 20, but they made the top 30 and sent a nice number of visits. Thank you!
I’m starting up this series again (I stopped doing it last summer) to see how my traffic has changed. A lot of things are still the same but Facebook has dropped tremendously. Unfortunately Facebook has made it so blog pages, like mine, are hardly ever visible on news feeds. Poo on Facebook.
Until next month…
Hi there! I'm Jenny, a coffee-addicted, busy-body, work at home mom of two insane boys. I love football, cooking, Deadliest Catch, video games, Wordpress, and CSS (I'm kindof a geek). Feel free to say hi! We can be nerdy together.