- How to Blog
- Dear Diary
- About Me
Crafts for kids are always fun, entertaining, and educational. This week’s Kids Frugal Craft from Mom on Dealz is a fun learning game with a dog theme!
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the fun crafts for kids I’ve posted. And if you love this, please PinIt.
Crafts for Kids: Doggie, Doggie, Where’s My Word Family?
- Dog and Dog Bowl Clip Art
- Dog Bone Cookie Cutter (or do a Google image search and trace that)
- Construction Paper
- Plain Folder With Pockets
1. Using your cookie cutter (or clip art images) trace a bunch of dog bone shapes on construction paper and have your child cut them out.
2. Print 2 pictures of dogs (I found a BUNCH in Microsoft Word).
3. Cut and glue one picture on each side of the folder.
4. Label the sides with your word family (we did -at and -an)
5. Label each bone with words that will fit in each family.
6. Have your child insert the bone into the pocket they belong.
- Math:Before we labeled the bones with words, I had my son go around the house and measure his favorite things to practice non-standard measurement.
- Fine Motor Skills: Having your child trace and cut the bones are great practice for these skills.
- History/Social Studies: A big vocabulary word taught in the lower grades is responsibility. Discuss this word with your child and brainstorm a list of responsibilities that would come with having a dog as a pet.
Hi there! I'm Jenny, a coffee-addicted, busy-body, work at home mom of two insane boys. I love football, cooking, Deadliest Catch, video games, Wordpress, and CSS (I'm kindof a geek). Feel free to say hi! We can be nerdy together.