You don’t need to spend a lot of money on gorgeous 4th of July decorations. Try using things you have laying around the house to make something spectacular. 4th of July crafts are a hot item (literally), and here’s one I love from one of my favorite gals over at Coupons Are Great. Plus it makes a great crafts for kids too!
Pool Noodle Fire Cracker
- Pool Noodle
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Card stock or construction paper
- Decorations/4th of July Picks
- Measure the pool noodle to the length you want it to be. Mark on the front and the back. My card stock was 12×12 so I wanted 6″ fire crackers. I measured my pool noodle at 5 and 7/8 inches.
- Draw a line around the pool noodle. I used a sewing measuring tape to do this, but you can also use your card stock too!
- Cut the pool noodle on the line the you just drew on the cutting board with a knife.
- Cut your paper to the length of the pool noodle. I found it was easier to cut the paper 1/8″ longer
- Trace the pool noodle circle on a scrap of paper and cut. Poke a hole in the center if you are going to embellish with pipe cleaners or garland.
- Glue the circle on to the pool noodle
- Tape the paper to the pool noodle. You could glue as well. No one is going to see the back of my craft so I opted for tape.