Google+

This post was written by a friend of mine. It provides extremely useful information for new businesses however this advice can also be applied to bloggers as well. Running a blog is like a business, so read this over, follow her advice, and see where it takes you.

Ok you have your product and you’re making sales, now what?

how to blogJust creating your product alone can be laborious and take a great deal of energy, but creating your product only accounts for 20% of your success as a startup business. The other 80% you can account for marketing and informative decisions to further the growth and longevity of your company.

Customers are talking, are you listening?

When a customer provides feedback on your products or developments make sure you are taking this serious. Not everyone likes a complainer, however be grateful that the customer cared enough about your product to want to help you strive and make improvements. This is time and effort donated for your benefit.

Evolve your product to meet your customer’s needs. Opinions do count and have relevance especially if you begin to see patterns in the feedback that you are receiving. Use customer feedback as a catalyst for new products, ideas, and developments.

Creating a business or creating a habit?

Do you want a one time sale? Or do you want return customers? When you design your product you also want to think about the staging of the customer experience. Can they count on you for answers? Have you established trust and credibility? Does your product meet their needs so that they will continue to use your services or products?

Establish a habit for your customers and be consistent so they know what they can expect from you and your products.

Are you maintaining your goals and vision?

It’s easy to get side tracked and to lose focus on the vision that created your product. If you feel you are off the beaten path that started your success, then take a moment to refocus. Remember that sometimes the most complex situations can have simple solutions. Once you have reestablished your vision communicate this to your team so that everyone is on the same page and headed in a direction that benefits the business as a whole.

Remember momentum isn’t always about how quickly we get from Point A to Point B, instead it is about a steady movement going forward.

World-renowned Personal Development Author Meilena Hauslendale has been providing life guidance and insights for over 11 years. She began her career in writing by publishing self-help articles for various international magazines and support groups.

Tagged with:
 
About The Author

Jenny

Hi there! I'm Jenny, a coffee-addicted, busy-body, work at home mom of two insane boys. I love football, cooking, Deadliest Catch, video games, Wordpress, and CSS (I'm kindof a geek). Feel free to say hi! We can be nerdy together.

5 Responses to How to Maintain Momentum in a Startup Business.. and Blogs Too!

  1. Maddie K says:

    So for someone wanting to start a reviews blog or something similar, what do you recommend? Would going to one of these conventions like Blog Her  be worth going to learn what to do and to make contacts on headers and such?

  2. not2onry says:

    Makes sense to me..now let’s see if I can get them to work for me.  Reading easy, doing harder.

  3. Rama says:

    Thanks for the tips, I need to maintain the momentum in my PT business, Great Post ;)

  4. SaraMFord says:

    How do you get others to follow you? I have been trying to get started but without people to follow you you will never get to review for new things

    • Mama-Jen says:

      @SaraMFord I would recommend visiting other blogs and leaving meaningful comments to get yourself noticed. You can also try to get involved in group giveaways. :)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>