- How to Blog
- Dear Diary
- About Me
This week’s Slow Cooker Showcase recipe is from Mackenzie at The Centsible Family that is a perfect family classic to serve. Prep time should be about 15 minutes and will cook for four hours on low and yield about 8 servings.
Recipe: Slow Cooker Showcase: Macaroni and Cheese
- 10 ounce (2 1/4 cups) dry whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella/swiss cheese
- 8 ounces American cheese, thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- Coat inside of slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine macaroni, cheeses, milk and evaporated milk in slow cooker bowl; stir well and cover; cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- When there is 30 minutes cook time remaining, stir in Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in bread crumbs and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until toasted and golden. Sprinkle over Mac & Cheese and serve immediately.
I modified this recipe from Family Circle as I didn’t have everything they listed AND my slow cooker cooked faster then their 3 hours for High. I recommend only cooking on low because it WILL burn if cooked too much.
Want more recipes? Check out Better Homes and Gardens The Ultimate Slow Cooker Book (more than 400 recipes), Crock Pot Cookbook: 440 Slow Cooker Recipes or Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooking Cooklet for more recipes.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon has Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel or Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker available with free shipping. In addition Walmart has Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Countdown Slow Cooker with free shipping to store.
Thanks The Centsible Family!
Tagged with: recipe
Hi there! I'm Jenny, a coffee-addicted, busy-body, work at home mom of two insane boys. I love football, cooking, Deadliest Catch, video games, Wordpress, and CSS (I'm kindof a geek). Feel free to say hi! We can be nerdy together.