- How to Blog
- Dear Diary
- About Me
This week’s Slow Cooker Showcase recipe is Chicken Cacciatore from Mackenzie at The Centsible Family that is perfect for healthy, well rounded meal. Prep time should be about 15 minutes and will cook for six hours and yield about 8 servings.
- 3 pounds uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp dried crushed oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place chicken in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add all ingredients and cook on high heat for 5 to 6 hours or on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving and can be served alone, over rice, or with whole wheat pasta.
Weight Watchers Points: 5
Recipe adapted from the Weight Watcher Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon has Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel or Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker available with free shipping. In addition Walmart has Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Countdown Slow Cooker with free shipping to store.
Tagged with: recipe
Hi there! I'm Jenny, a coffee-addicted, busy-body, work at home mom of two insane boys. I love football, cooking, Deadliest Catch, video games, Wordpress, and CSS (I'm kindof a geek). Feel free to say hi! We can be nerdy together.