- How to Blog
- Dear Diary
- About Me
This week’s Slow Cooker Showcase recipe is Versatile Cheese Dip from Tabitha at Saving Toward a Better Life that is sure to to be perfect for the Super Bowl today! Prep time should be about 15 minutes and will keep well on low heat.
Recipe: Versatile Cheese Dip
- 1 large loaf of cheese
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with onions and green chilies
- 3/4 – 1 lb ground beef, chicken, turkey, etc (optional)
- Cut cheese loaf up into large cubes and put in slow cooker on high. Add tomatoes.
- Brown and crumble hamburger meat. Drain grease. Add to slow cooker.
- Continue cooking on high, stirring as needed until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
How to Make it Versatile:
- Make it with the ground beef meat and serve it over chips with a side of Spanish rice or refried beans.
- Top your chips and dip with lettuce, sour cream and jalapenos for some rockin’ nachos!
- Make it without the hamburger meat and serve over hot dogs with chili sauce for chili cheese hot dogs.
- Serve with a can of chili and put both over chips for Chili Cheese Nachos!
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon has Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel or Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker available with free shipping. In addition Walmart has Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Countdown Slow Cooker with free shipping to store.
Thanks The Centsible Family!
Tagged with: recipe
Hi there! I'm Jenny, a coffee-addicted, busy-body, work at home mom of two insane boys. I love football, cooking, Deadliest Catch, video games, Wordpress, and CSS (I'm kindof a geek). Feel free to say hi! We can be nerdy together.