This week’s Kids Frugal Craft from Mom on Dealz is Popcorn Valentine Hearts. With Valentine’s Day less than a month away, this craft is a delicious and fun way to celebrate!
Popcorn Valentine Hearts
- 2 Bags of Microwave Popcorn
- 3.5 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Bag of Mini Marshmallows
- (1) 3 oz Strawberry Jello
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter (or knife)
1. Pop both bags of popcorn and set aside.
2. Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
3. Add entire package of marshmallow and melt, stirring frequenlty.
4. Remove from the heat and add 1/2 of the package of jello powder and stir.
5. Add 1 and 1/2 bags of the popped popcorn to the melted marshmallows and mix well.
6. Spread out on wax paper and cut or form heart shapes.
To see the educational activities that coincide with this craft/recipe, visit Mom on Dealz.