- How to Blog
- Dear Diary
- About Me
Crafts for kids are always fun, entertaining, and educational. This week’s Kids Frugal Craft from Mom on Dealz are Thanksgiving Place Cards as fun Thanksgiving crafts for kids! This month is packed full of kids Thanksgiving crafts.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the fun crafts for kids I’ve posted. And if you love this, please PinIt or Stumble.
- Baby Food Jars (or you can use yogurt containers)
- Leftover Halloween Candy
- Construction Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Glue or Glue Gun
- Pipe Cleaner or Popsicle Stick
- Wash, dry, and remove the label from the baby food car or container you are using.
- Cut out “feathers” from construction paper and glue them to the the back of the container.
- Cut out a turkey face and wattle. Glue onto the front of container and add eyes.
- Fill container with left over Halloween candy.
- Cut a small rectangle from the construction paper and write either a person’s name, funny quote, or inspirational saying on it.
- Glue the place card to a pipe cleaner or popsicle stick and put it in the container. The candy will hold it into place. Don’t forget to save the container’s lid and be sure to cover up the candy until Thanksgiving!
- Fine Motor Skills: Have your child cut out the shapes or rip up the paper to help with this craft. Also having them drop the candy in the jar can help with these skills as well.
- Math: Use the candy as manipulatives to have your child estimate and count the pieces in the jars/containers. You can also create math problems with the candy using addition, subtraction, and sorting.
- Language Arts: Your child can either dictate to you what to write on the cards or if they are able, they can write the names, sayings, or quotes themselves. Having your child list the attendees to your dinner or dishes served can help with their brainstorming skills. Remember that younger children can draw illustrate their thoughts, quotes, etc with pictures!
If you are looking for inspirational quotes, these are perfect!
- The Heart of Abundance: A Simple Guide to Appreciating and Enjoying Life
- The Girls’ Book of Wisdom: Empowering, Inspirational Quotes from over 400 Fabulous Females
Hi there! I'm Jenny, a coffee-addicted, busy-body, work at home mom of two insane boys. I love football, cooking, Deadliest Catch, video games, Wordpress, and CSS (I'm kindof a geek). Feel free to say hi! We can be nerdy together.