Crafts for kids are always fun, entertaining, and educational. This week’s Kids Frugal Craft from Mom on Dealz is a fun cow costume! Whether your child likes to run around in costume on a daily basis, or if you’re looking for an inexpensive Halloween costume, this is the perfect craft for kids.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the fun crafts for kids I’ve posted. And if you love this, make sure you Pin It.
Make a Frankenstein Trick or Treat Bag
- Paper Shopping Bag
- Various Colors of Construction Paper
- I realize traditional Frankenstein is green but purple is the new green in my son’s book! LOL
- If you don’t feel like cutting the shapes, you can just have your child draw the face. I had Will help me with the cutting since that is an important skill, as well as the gluing of the shapes.
- Language Arts: 1. Discuss the syllables in the word Frankenstein. Clap out the syllables with your child and then brainstorm other Halloween words and clap out the syllables for those words as well. 2. Make an acrostic poem with your child using the word Frankenstein and try to use Fall or Halloween words (F=fun, fright; R=running, rotten pumpkins; A=apples; N=night, etc). 3. Allow your child to tell or write a monster story.
- Science: Discuss that by reusing the grocery bag you are recycling resources. Discuss the importance of taking care of resources around us and create a list of other household items you can reuse (toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, yogurt/butter/baby food containers, shoe boxes, etc).
- Math: Have your child identify the shapes used in the craft (circles for eyes, triangles for hair, etc).