Alongside my Monetize Your Blog posts, I am also providing you with my top 20 traffic sources each month. I use Google Analytics to track my blog traffic. Use this information however you wish, but hopefully it will give you an idea of how people find my blog, and potentially, your blog too! And if you’re a blog who reaches the top 30, you get a free link as a thank you!
July 2011 Report (displayed as source and # of visits)
I was on vacation for half of this month so my numbers were much lower than usual.
1. google 8,985 - this is just plain ole google search
2. (direct) 2,761 - people who type my URL in their browser
3. stumbleupon.com 1,314 - so glad I started using this
4. feedburner (feed) 1,307 - rss subscriber visits
5. google.com 723 - another google search? possibly google image search
6. yahoo 443 - another search engine
7. bing 428 - and another search engine
8. feedburner (email) 408 - email subscriber visits
9. swagbucks.com 378 - yet another search engine
10. pitchit.ning.com 253 - I’m a member of this site
11. search 253 - another search engine of some kind
12. sampleaday.com 156 - we link to each other! plus they’re crazy funny
13. ask 128 - another search engine
14. twitter 102 - Facebook < Twitter this month
15. facebook.com 101 - links from my FB page and from fan posts
16. aol 95 - and another search engine
17. icravefreebies.com 88 - another great freebie site
18. online-sweepstakes.com 87 - a giveaway posting site (don’t really use it anymore)
19. twitter.com 85 - another Twitter?
20. azfreestuff.com 81 - another great freebie site
I’d like to give a bonus shout-out to the following blogs. They didn’t make the Top 20, but they still sent a nice number of visits. Thank you!
It’s almost sad to look at my numbers from this month because I was away on vacation for over half of the month. That just shows you how much post frequency matters!
Until next month…