- How to Blog
- Dear Diary
- About Me
Alongside my Monetize Your Blog posts, I am also providing you with my top 20 traffic sources each month. I use Google Analytics to track my blog traffic. Use this information however you wish, but hopefully it will give you an idea of how people find my blog, and potentially, your blog too! And if you’re a blog who reaches the top 30, you get a free link as a thank you!
April 2011 Report (displayed as source and # of visits)
1. google 8,360 - this is just plain ole google search
2. (direct) 3,139 - people who type my URL in their browser
3. yahoo 2,144 - another search engine
4. google.com 1,262 - another google search? possibly google image search
5. feedburner (email) 1,255 - email subscriber visits
6. feedburner (feed) 1,123 - rss subscriber visits
7. stumbleupon.com 991 - so glad I started using this
8. bing 789 - and another search engine
9. online-sweepstakes.com 758 - a giveaway posting site
10. swagbucks.com 609 - yet another search engine
11. facebook.com 342 - links from my FB page and from fan posts
12. twitter 277 - Facebook > Twitter again
13. search 204 - another search engine of some kind
14. aol 152 - and another search engine
15. twitter.com 150 - another Twitter? looks like Facebook loses this round
16. sampleaday.com 137 - we link to each other! plus they’re crazy funny
17. prizey.net 118 - a giveaway posting site
18. ask 113 - another search engine
19. freebies20.com 78 - we link to each other!
20. fc-opensocial.googleusercontent.com 78 - Google Friend Connect
I’d like to give a bonus shout-out to the following blogs. They didn’t make the Top 20, but they still sent a nice number of visits. Thank you!
Not a lot of changes this month. Bing and Online-Sweepstakes.com switched places, but other than that, everything is pretty much the same.
Until next month…
Hi there! I'm Jenny, a coffee-addicted, busy-body, work at home mom of two insane boys. I love football, cooking, Deadliest Catch, video games, Wordpress, and CSS (I'm kindof a geek). Feel free to say hi! We can be nerdy together.