Alongside my Monetize Your Blog posts, I am also providing you with my top 20 traffic sources each month. I use Google Analytics to track my blog traffic. Use this information however you wish, but hopefully it will give you an idea of how people find my blog, and potentially, your blog too! And if you’re a blog who reaches the top 30, you get a free link as a thank you!
March 2011 Report (displayed as source and # of visits)
1. google 8,680 - this is just plain ole google search; up 2400 from Feb
2. (direct) 3,322 - people who type my URL in their browser; up 1300 from Feb
3. yahoo 2,166 - another search engine; up 1600 from Feb
4. google.com 1,388 - another google search?
5. feedburner (email) 1,277 - email subscriber visits; up 900 from Feb
6. feedburner (feed) 1,131 - rss subscriber visits
7. stumbleupon.com 1,055 - so glad I started using this
8. online-sweepstakes.com 898 - a giveaway posting site
9. bing 800 - and another search engine
10. swagbucks.com 646 - yet another search engine
11. facebook.com 357 - links from my FB page and from fan posts
12. twitter 295 - Facebook > Twitter again, but gaining!
13. search 206 - another search engine of some kind
14. aol 155 - and another search engine
15. twitter.com 155 - another Twitter? looks like Facebook loses this round
16. sampleaday.com 145 - we link to each other! plus they’re crazy funny
17. ask 112 - another search engine
18. prizey.net 110 - a giveaway posting site; first time on the list!
19. freebies20.com 85 - we link to each other!
20. fc-opensocial.googleusercontent.com 80 - Google Friend Connect
I’d like to give a bonus shout-out to the following blogs. They didn’t make the Top 20, but they still sent a nice number of visits. Thank you!
StumbleUpon continued to gain traffic again this month. And Yahoo search, for some reason, went from 500 to 2200 visits – nice! Google also sent an additional 2400 visits this month. Other than that, everything is pretty much the same with a few sites switching places on the list.
Until next month…